The textile designer intervenes prior to the work of the designer by developing the range of materials, or their finishing touches, intended for use during prototype production of a collection.
- He/She designs and/or creates textures, fabric ranges, patterns and/or illustrations that appear on clothing, accessories, etc.
- His/her work can be artisanal in his/her search for textile finishings (silkscreen printing, weaving, embroidery, dyeing, etc.)
- His/her work can be digital by using computer software
- Sensitive to and interested in materials, colors, embellishments, etc.
- Mastery of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design if in the digital textile field
Average Annual Salary:
20K – 50K
“Fashion Designer” Undergraduate Program
State accredited diploma with Level 6 registration under the National Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP)